Saturday, April 9, 2016

Day 9 - Another Train Day

On the agenda today was breakfast, massage and catch the train to Edinburgh. This is our final day in Scotland, then we are off to Ireland. 

Breakfast was a 250 item buffet. I decided to stick with  hot tea, Scottish porridge and brown toast. Tried to get online to book our train last night and this morning but something was not connecting with Scotrail so I ran over to the train station to book it between breakfast and massage. Jo Anne sat this little side trip out. 

On to the massage. Jo Anne booked deep tissue massages but told her masseuse to take it easy on her. I, on the other hand, went for the full treatment. She came out relaxed and jelly-like. I came out telling myself to unclench my jaw and toes. It's over, it's over, it's over. 

We decided (again by mutual consent) that any photo with our eyes open was postable, even though it is a scrape-back, curly hair day. However, since I'm doing the posting I do have final say. 

The following are all taken from the train between Inverness and Edinburgh. As always, the pictures don't do justice to the reality. 





Sorry about the Pepsi bottle in the bottom of the pic. I was taking this from the other side of the train and tried to crop it out but it keeps pulling the whole picture back in. 



Coming into Edinburgh. 

We fly to Shannon, Ireland tomorrow morning where we pick up a rental car for 6 days. This would be a great time to pray for us. I've printed off driving directions turn by turn and Jo Anne is going to have to be my GPS reading them off to me. 

We saw this quote in the hotel today and it's appropriate:

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around. Figure out how to climb it, go through it or work around it."

Our stats today are quite low since we spent the day on the train and resting. 

4.22 miles and 10,019 steps

No comments:

Post a Comment